27.2.19

Unexpected developments of the TERRAZZO trend - in lighting!

Terrazzo is one of my favourite trends in interior design - I have written a lot about it, but what I like is the idea of using small pices of luxury materials to create something unique without limitations of colour, style, area of application. Even textiles designers are often inspired by this idea. What I am most recently impressed with is the latest collection of lighting, created by by Luca Nichetto - ‘Heritage’:
Photography by Nick Hughes.

Photography by Nick Hughes.
"Heritage’ by Luca Nichetto – a sublime Murano glass lighting collection inspired by Josef Frank’s ‘Terrazzo’ textile, comissioned by Svenskt Tenn. "- Yellow Trace
Nichetto describes the new Fusa series as a bridge between Stockholm and Murano. 
“My first thought when I saw the print was that the stones in the motif looked exactly like a mosaic and Murano glass. I highlighted the different formations, combined them and gave them new life in the form of lighting.” scandinaviandesign.com/
 

Take a look at othe inspirations from the Terrazzo trend.

No comments:

share the inspiration